Shrewsbury dating uk
Aylsham Poor Law Union was formed on 9th April 1836. The main two-storey range is built around an octagonal hub. Its operation was overseen by an elected Board of Guardians, 47 in number, representing its 46 constituent parishes as listed below (figures in brackets indicate numbers of Guardians if more than one): Norfolk: Alby, Aylsham (2), Barningham, Belaugh, Blickling, Brampton, Burgh, Buxton, Calthorpe, Cawston, Colby, Coltishall, Corpusty, Erpingham, Foulsham, Great Hautbois, Guestwick, Hackford, Hevingham, Heydon, Hindolvestone, Ingworth, Irmingland, Itteringham, Lammas with Little Hautbois, Little Barningham, Mannington, Marsham, Oulton, Oxnead, Reepham with Kerdiston, Sall, Saxthorpe, Scottow, Skeyton, Stratton Strawless, Swanton Abbott, Themelthorpe, Thurning, Thwaite, Tuttington, Whitwell, Wickmere, Wolterton, Wood Dalling, Wood Norton. On the first floor of the south wing was located the Guardian's board-room. On 17th May 1836, a letter to the Poor Law Commissioners from Dr J P Kay (PRO MH12/8185) records: .Buxton Workhouse in this Union...
The situation most luxuriant; the buildings well-constructed; the rooms spacious and lofty, and well-ventilated, and remarkably clean; the diet very good, and the poor well attended to in every respect. According to White's Directory of 1836, Foulsham had a workhouse which was "built on the waste in 1782, will accommodate 45, but seldom has more than 20 inmates." In 1792, ten years after the passing of Gilbert's Act, the Oulton Gilbert Union of six parishes (Banningham, Blickling, Colby, Erpingham, Itteringham, and Oulton) was formed.All that remains open to the public is the shell of the former private residence.Free open access at any reasonable time.\t'),newpoints=new Array(55.41575,-1.70607,icon1,"\t Alnwick Castle\t",'\t Alnwick Castle,\t Alnwick, Northumberland\t Owned by: \t Duke of Northumberland\t \t Medieval castle and stately home.\t Built following the Norman conquest and renovated and remodelled many times since then, it is the great northern fortress of the powerful Percy family, the Dukes of Northumberland.[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] A parliamentary report of 1777 recorded Aylsham as having a workhouse for up to 80 inmates.The workhouse was built in 1776 in the angle between Commercial Road (now Bure Way) and New Road.
We have also included a short synopsis of each of the castles, including the history behind them and who they are now owned by.